SDCC Standing Rules
SDCC Standing Rules Updated 2016
For efficient Club administration, the following standing rules are hereby adopted by this organization:
- Door prize drawing will be held each meeting with the winner providing the prize for the following month’s meeting. The winner may decline the prize, in which case another number will be called.
- Sharing time will be provided during the course of the meeting for any member who has something of interest to share.
- The Cake Show committee shall have the right to purchase necessary items, as needed, up to $250. Over $250 and up to $500 require Board preapproval. Any expenses over $500 will be brought to the general membership for approval. All requests for reimbursement must be accompanied by an itemized bill or receipt that is dated and signed by the recipient before the Treasurer will make disbursements.
- All receipts and any remaining money from a project are to be submitted to the Treasurer no later than 60 days after the close of said project.
- The Second Vice President will send a current membership list, denoting all current officers, chairpersons, and new members to the Communications Officer, who will send the list out electronically to the general membership 4 times a year.
- No member will make commitments in San Diego Cake Club’s name without complete approval of the Board or the general membership.
- To further the education of sugar art, four times per year the club awards $25.00 scholarships to each of 2 members in good standing, and 2 additional scholarships to members attending the current meeting. These scholarships are for the purchasing of classes, books, and class supplies to further their confectionary art education. This is done in January, April, July, and October. The budget is $400 per year. Scholarships are given as a certificate and the recipient provides a signed and dated receipt for their paid items (class, book, or class supplies) to the Treasurer for reimbursement.
- If dues are not received by March 1st, a $5.00 reactivation fee will be added to the dues.
- Each year the SDCC will strive to sponsor a cake decorating show. This show will consist of a judged cake decorating contest, educational confectionary classes, and free educational demonstrations. The show is open to the public. Certain monies collected during this show will be donated to a 501(c)3 charity of choice of the general membership.